There’s a new gold rush in the solar system. And we’re looking for a few suck . . . brave volunteers who want to get rich with little effort.
Are you adventurous? Do you understand angular momentum? What about pushing buttons? Do you like money? How about upgrades? If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you have what it takes to join Asteroid Panner Corporation as our newest apprentice asteroid drone operator.
Take control of a drone ship and mine asteroids looking for gold. Get paid, upgrade your drone, and search for even more gold.
You’ll need all your wits and sufficient fuel to play this action, physics-based space game. Includes two full sectors of action and excitement. Move up through the ranks from apprentice asteroid drone operator to full guildmember at Asteroid Panner Corporation. (Think of the glory and cash that an A.P.C. guildmember receives.)
And maybe, just maybe, if you’re good enough, you too can join the ranks as an executive of A.P.C. (Don’t get your hopes up, though. Those jobs mostly go to the daughters and sons of people more important than you.)
Written in 10 days for #dreamhackaustinjam. Selected as one of the winning games to appear at Dreamhack Austin!
- v1.1 (May 22, 2018) Released updates on gamejolt to ready the game for dreamhackaustin. Fixed sound loading bug, asteroid blinking bug, added scrollboxes for store and about; and allow tutorial dialog skip (by pressing the talk dialog).
- v1.0 (May 13, 2018) Released on gamejolt for dreamhackaustinjam
- Graphics: PIXI.js (license)
- Sounds: howler.js (license)
- Storage: localforage (license)
- Sound Effects:
- Code Editor: Visual Studio Code
- Source Code Management: Github
- Work Spaces: